I would like to share with you my favorite Korean dish called Japchae (Sweet potato starch noodle stir fried with vegetables) by Mr Baek (TV Cooking Channel host).
Japchae is a holiday Korean traditional dish everyone loves. It is made with sweet potato starch noodle stir fried with vegetable. There are variety ways to cook this dish. This is one of the quickest way to prepare. Next time, I will up load my way to cook Japchae!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 green onions
- tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 ounces of dangmyeon (sweet potato starch noodles) Keep soaked in the water for 2 hrs to make it soft
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 4 to 5 brown mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 medium carrot (¾ cup), cut into matchsticks
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (optional)
- ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
Add vegetable oil to a heated pan. Add green onions
Stir ingredients and put vegetables into a heated pan. First onions, brown mushroom, and carrots.
Stir-fry about 2 minutes until the onion looks a little translucent.
Transfer to the noodle bowl.
Heat up the pan again and add vegetable oil, green onions, garlic, and sugar (brown sugar is okay)
Add the soy sauce and bring it to boil.
Add pre-soaked noodle into the pan and stir fry about 5 minutes or until it get soft.
Turn off the heat and add all the vegetables and mix it well. Transfer it to a plate. You can put it over the rice.